The Small Business Resource Center (SBRC), an initiative of the BDC, cultivates and supports the growth and development of small businesses and entrepreneurs in Baltimore City through technical assistance, training, counseling, workshops and a vast resource library. SBRC is now housed at the Mayor’s Office of Minority and Women-Owned Business Development.
At the SBRC you can learn more about:
- Starting your own business;
- Preparing a business plan, including cash flow control and pro forma financial statements;
- Applying for small business and micro loans;
- Getting credit, and what your banker expects;
- Business taxes and regulatory responsibilities; and
- Networking with other professionals.
Throughout the year, SBRC hosts a variety of workshops on topics including: Accounting, Assisted Living, Basic Digital Photography for Small Business, Business Plan Writing, Government Contracting, The Psychology of Selling, QuickBooks Intermediate, Small Business Opportunities with FedEx, Operating a Home Office, Smart Online Marketing, The Business of Doing Business, Thinking of Starting A Nonprofit?, and Evening Business Plan workshop sessions given at various city libraries.